Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweet and Sour Valentines Weekend

Gorgeous flowers Dad sent us from Shanghai, China
Irises and chocolates from my favorite Valentine
Samuel's new toy from Mimi and Papa
Baby brother's crib bedding

Hi friends and family! I feel like I am writing with a new lease on life today. Our family has survived the first full fledged stomach flu experience. Yuck!! May none of you EVER experience this particular plague. A friend of mine has a grateful journal for curing the blues, I think I shall follow in her footsteps and remark on the things (and they are many) I have to be grateful for in retrospect of this particular experience:
1. I am grateful that Jolly, Samuel, and I contracted the bug in stages, it would have been terrible to all have it at the exact same time
2. I am grateful that my mom already had plans to be here this weekend, and though its not how we would have chosen to spend our time together, she was a much needed pillar of strength and sweetness!
3. I am grateful that Mom did not get sick! Praise God! *Correction* Mom did get it, just not till after she was home for two days. Ugh. She's already feeling better.
4. I am grateful that we felt good enough to get out and buy baby brother's nursery bedding, and a new Valentine toy for Samuel - thanks Mimi and Papa!
5. I am grateful that Dad sent flowers to Mom (and me) for Valentine's day since he couldn't be with us, business trip in China, we miss you Daddy!
6. I am grateful that Jolly bought me Irises and Dove Chocolates AND I was feeling well enough to enjoy a few!
7. I am grateful that Katie came by to cheer us up and take a few PRECIOUS pictures of Samuel in the sweater she made him for Christmas. Seriously, handmade one of a kind clothing AND professional photos in our living room.
8. I am grateful that baby on the way was a champ through a long torturous night.
9. I am grateful that no one was severely dehydrated needing IV fluids, especially Samuel or I.
10. AND I am grateful that we are headed to Puerto Vallarta this Thursday for some warm sunshine and good times with Mike and Mojo!!
Hope everyone has a blessed day :O)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, I am so sorry your got sick.
Have a wonderful time in Puerta Vallarta. Going to the same place?

LilyWhite said...

Thank goodness for those moms. Almost exactly the same thing happened when Em was really little and my mom was visiting--we took turns getting sick. AW-ful.

But hey! Vacation! Sounds warm and sunny and stomach bug-free!

Amy said...

I'm sorry but I started laughing when I read this post ONLY because it reminded me when Ben and I visited you guys... ahhh nothing draws people together like puke. But really, I'm sorry your family had to go through that. I hate to think that Samuel felt so badly! Praise the Lord you made it through okay!

Cherie said...

Ahhh! Amy - I thought the same thing. That's the last time we were sick at the stomach!!! So glad you guys didn't share it that time.