Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olive Ridley Sea Turtles





Its Cherie now - Jolly and I are taking turns :O) Our vacation happened to coincide with both the whale and sea turtle breeding seasons. We took a sailboat trip to whale watch and saw a mother and her calf. We followed them for two hours or so. The mom leaped out of the water three times and the baby did once, definitely a successful tour. The highlight of our trip for me, though, was the sea turtle rescue operation a half mile down the beach from our resort. We were able to participate in the release of baby sea turtles! In case you didn't know - I am obsessed with sea turtles and have never seen them in the wild. Jolly told me about the release the night before we got to participate and I dreamed about it that night! This was definitely an experience we will treasure!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I didn't know that about you Cherie, but for some reason it doesn't surprise me. You're so cute!

What a fantastic vacation!