Monday, December 8, 2008

What are your Christmas traditions?


Jolly and I had a blast decorating the house and making treats for friends the past few days! We even got our first good blanket of snow, which provided a great backdrop for our family Christmas photo. Since this is our first Christmas with Samuel, we've been recalling all the things we loved about Christmas when we were little - trying to decide what the special traditions will be for our family over the years. I really loved the little nothings tucked inside stockings growing up. I even decided somewhere along the way that my mom and dad should get stockings too - it originally was just for the kiddos. Jolly liked doing plays with his cousins and celebrating with all the family - these are both things we'll incorporate somehow. My friend Laurel grew up with a tradition of turning the lights off on Christmas eve and playing games and visiting with friends and family by candle and firelight - I really like that idea! What special things do you remember, or do as a family now?

3 comments:

Michael and Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael and Lindsey said...

What a beautiful family :) I hope that ya'll have a wonderful holiday season!!!

Lindsey Weynand Ray

Cindy said...

Uncle John and I are so glad that we got to be the audience for those family plays. What a blast of a memory.Love your picture. Having a baby at Christmas time surely makes every moment more tender.